Everyone’s sustainability journey looks different; it’s all about making swaps or simple lifestyle changes where you can. As the New Year approaches, we encourage you to take the challenge to swap to sustainable items and practices to make a positive impact on the environment.
Living a sustainable lifestyle is not an all-or-nothing approach. Start small and make simple swaps like eliminating single-use paper towels, reducing plastic in your bathroom, or learning how to reuse like a rockstar. Eco-friendly resolutions create positive ripple effects, saving you time and money.
We all share one planet, which means each person needs to do their part to make it last. Making small changes leads to big results, so even if you start small, resolve to start.
We’ve compiled a list of eco-friendly resolutions and sustainable swaps that are good for you and the planet as you enter 2023.
- Make the swap to UNpaper® Towels as a one-time investment and save money on buying single-use paper towels
- Try a Washable Pail Liner for recycling eliminating single-use plastics
- Start a composting bin for kitchen scraps
- Look for energy-efficient appliances
- Ditch single-use plastic wrap and try Bowl Covers or Pan Covers
- Try Reusable Coffee Filters or Reusable Tea Bags instead of single-use paper filters
- Try a Washable Sponge instead of disposable plastic sponges
- Install a bidet and try Toilet UNpaper® as an alternative to traditional toilet paper
- Try a Bamboo Toothbrush instead of plastic
- Look for water-saving toilets and shower heads
- Ditch single-use cotton balls and rounds for washable and reusable Facial Rounds
- Make soap bars last longer with a Soap Saver Bag
- Ditch single-use plastic menstrual products and swap to washable and reusable Moon Pads
- Water indoor plants with leftover water after boiling pasta
- Only run full loads of laundry or dishes
- Skip the single-use duster heads and try a Washable Duster
- Make the swap to more efficient LED light bulbs
- Try making your own cleaning products or buy in bulk to eliminate plastic containers
- Protect surfaces with Scrap Felt Coasters
- Repurpose glass jars for vases or plant propagation
- Try your hand at gardening
On The Go
- Take public transportation or carpool when possible
- Bring Mesh Produce Bags made of Organic Cotton on grocery trips to avoid plastic bags
- Find sustainable hobbies like upcycling materials or biking
- Bring reusable straws in a Straw Pouch
- Take a trip to the library to borrow the next novel from your reading list
- Bring reusable bamboo utensils in a Utensil Wrap
- Carry a reusable coffee cup and water bottle
By making the swap to sustainable items and practices in even small ways, you are making a positive impact on the environment. No one gets it right 100% of the time, but it will make a bigger difference if more people are practicing sustainable habits slightly imperfectly, than a few people doing it flawlessly.
If we all take the challenge to eliminate single-use paper with an alternative, reusable cloth product, like UNpaper® Towels, the planet will be in a better shape than where we started. Think reusable, we still have time to change our future.
What other sustainable tips and tricks do you have? Reach out and let us know! We’d love to talk.